Friday, January 16, 2009

Yes two in one day!

So I had two fantastic ideas last night and I'm having a rather large inability to focus today, therefore...ahem! Blog # 2.

My darling husband lost a bet this past Monday and is now adorned with ALL of the household chores for a whole week. Now, most of you women out there are probably saying..."yo go girl" and "at a girl, chica!" but heed my warning, as this may not have been a well thought out plan of mine at all. I agree in theory my bet was flawless. It was a bet I knew he'd lose and a consequence I'm rather fond of, I even tacked on that he couldn't just "not do any chores" for a week and have me do them all at the end! Sounds so AWESOME, but no.

Not like a definitive no where I'm actually upset and wish I'd hadn't made the bet in the first place, but more of a "damn!" wish I would have realized how sucky my husband is at housecleaning and what a "chore" is to him. Let me just describe my home at this moment. The dishes are piled up to the top of the sink and the ones in the dishwasher are still dirty. The kitty litter, well lets just say we know the cats bodily functions are A-OK! The trash cans in the bedroom & kitchen can't hold any more and the rugs are waiting to be "pounded" clean off the balcony. I am wearing underwear with a hole in it and lucky that today is Friday and I can wear jeans to work. The bathroom, hmm...he must not recognize what a toilet brush is and feel that because the water runs and we use soap everyday in the shower it must stay clean that way. Ha ha ha...none of this is an exaggeration. May I continue, the number of empty bottles of beers grows by 2, 4 or 6 every evening and I think he plays a game with the kitties...something to the effect of the more times you knock an empty bottle off of a table, counter, desk, shelf the more times mommy will wake up, ready go!

NOW, here's my question. Is it possible that my darling, loving, sweet & handsome hubby really doesn't see this crap OR is he insuring that I never make this same bet again? I mean, he's smart...but is he being smart or just plain lazy?

So, it's now the end of my work week and although I cannot wait to run home and chill the F out...I won't be able to. Everywhere I look there's large amounts of gunk n junk n EW!

Maybe, next time I'll just tell him he's gotta pay for a maid for a month :)





PS.....To be fair: he has taken out the recycling & "swiffered" the floors.

No comments: