Thursday, January 22, 2009

TATTOO! And no it's not the short guy from Fantasy Island

I heart tattoos almost as much, but not quite as much, as I heart sushi & kitties. (And before you ask, yes I already have a kitty tattoo.) I have been waiting rather impatiently for years now to get a new tattoo. I have been under the needle 4 times at this point and I can definitely say I have no desire to start slowing down now, in fact I think I may start accelerating the process. Well, I am ready. The artwork (an homage to my dear old dad) arrived via snail mail earlier this week so Friday night...ooo la la, it'll be time. Finally.

Getting a new tattoo is probably one of the things I look forward to most. I am the sort of person that has my tattoo nailed down to the utmost detail and of course a deep significance behind each tattoo. I am more than just confident as I plop myself on the table yet again. I am determined to share a story, a piece of my story with the world...via my body. Artsy Farsty. Punk. Alternative Lifestyle. All of these things usually are signified by those adorned with ink. However, for this little birdie it is about my life. Where I have been? What I have overcome? Who was there to help me through? Who was there to beat me down? Who am I? And although it may seem like keeping a journal tucked away in a drawer would suffice, I prefer to remember & honor MY past this way.

Of course, I have massive distaste for those I consider TATTOO trash. The butterflies on boobs, suns and starts on navels (which by the way when your 16 is slutty, 50 down right disgusting.), "I LOVE XXXXX" on the occasional ass. These are the markings of an ignorant and usually drug induce decision to make a poor and permanent choice with your body. THESE types of people give the rest of us a BAD name. Most tattoo aficionados plan their markings for years, making certain they have the right location, colors and artist to turn an idea into a masterpiece.
Going to a county faire and getting a random Popeye tattoo for example, would be a bad idea. No matter how much you enjoy spinach or smoking out of your "pipe". Alas, I should back off of the poor tattoo novice who thinks it's a good idea to put the unicorn on her shoulder...after all, an "artist" did agree to put it there for her.

Back to my mission with my canvas, well....how about I just post some pictures this weekend.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Pics please!! Wish I could go with you!

Kitty #8 said...

Well, my hubby dearest fell ill so I didn't get to go this weekend. Wanna set a date to go with me this month???