Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Being a renter is just horrid!

So recently I have found myself spending 2 to 3 hours a day searching for the perfect rental for my hunnie, kitties, & me. It is not easy by any means. Both he and I have unusually long lists of what it must have & allow, the market is saturated with people looking for places, and the rent is ridiculously high in most areas...or at least where my other half is willing to live. Not to mention, if it's worth living in people generally will not give it up. I have started looking at real estate, after all that market is generally reasonable...however being one who's rented for ever and been paying off huge medical bills, my piggy bank is less than flattering and not ready for the commitment of a BIG down payment. Unfortunately, neither is the husband who also decided to have a minor brain surgery two years ago and is also paying Stanford well for their wonders.

Thus here we are...blogging about how awful it is to search for a home, day after day. Craigslist is this "monster" I can barely stand but must utilize even though 2 out of every 4 ads is actually a scam and the photos depicted quite often never show the space accurately. Topix...sucks. As does Fogster. Oh and real estate agents...well they could care less about you unless you're willing to rent a mansion. (That's not me, by the way.)

So maybe YOU can help me...here's our list:

MUST ALLOW: pets (pups n kitties), smoking (outside)

2+ bedrooms
1+ bathroom
Kitchen (gas stove & full size fridge)
Laundry on site
Hard Wood Floors
Lots of windows
Either a duplex, cottage, or house (NO APTS!!!!!)
Large fenced yard
Internet ready
Cable/Satellite ok
6 mo to 1 yr lease


Well, I guess we aren't asking too, too much!!!! Wish us luck & cross those fingers, cuz I'm off to study Craigslist again. :)

No comments: