Monday, March 9, 2009

Oh how moving sucks!

So it's been a month and I still haven't unpacked 1/2 of my house. Granted, as I am discovering more day by day, I have no storage at the cottage which is requiring some pretty tricky thinking thus making it considerably harder to put anything away...however as my hubby would say "we just can't catch a break!"





I have realized that starting school, buying a puppy, and being hospitalized are all not things to do when first moving into a new home. This makes it very difficult to find the time to do the unpacking process. For example, the moment I start to unpack a box of dishes and wash them (all by hand because I moved into the cutest 1920's cottage with NO, repeat, NO dishwasher) Bella decides it's time to poo. Now Bella is unbelievably cute. (see below)
However she doesn't leave time for much else, then throw in kidney stones & a swollen brain & somehow school EXAMS and nothing, and I mean nothing was done for the past week.

Of course I have my hubby, and man he does try but for some reason my illness seemed to take more out of him than me. He needed two days of recovery from MY emergency room visit, has anyone else had this problem? I mean, I felt down-right guilty for being sick! Poor guy couldn't make heads or tails of the day with me laid up...on one hand it was nice to know how much I was needed; on the other hand...wtf is going to happen when I head out to the Midwest to visit my dad for a week?

Here's my vision:

Dishes in the front yard being washed by the sprinklers. (yes we have modern irrigation)

Kitty litter in the toilet, after all it is a time saver.

A huge MASS of take-out boxes and fast food remnants in the fridge.

The heat cranked on 24-7

The backdoor open

He's out of sock & boxers, yet we have a washer & dryer

The phone's NOT charged & voicemail hasn't been checked since, well I left of course.

.....remind me to never get ill again.

No comments: