Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Yeah..I should share this.

So I wrote this as an email this morning and well I would say it does deserve to be a blog :)

My mom has stopped referring to herself as "mom" she is now officially "Nancy".

No lie. No exaggeration.

We all knew it would happen, one day, and now that day has now come. Perhaps it was the arrival of my 30's, or the fact that her 49th birthday is fast approaching, or that my father is getting married for the 3rd time...however it came to be, the page has turned.

I am not particularly upset that I no longer have the ability to call a person "mom." After all it was merely a name and not an attitude or role she ever endeavored to partake in, however hearing her say: "Hey Lease...it's Nance, gimme a call!" is strange. In fact hearing her refer to herself in the role of a friend is not only odd but in a way insulting and I wish to tell her: "um excuse me, but if I had the choice...you wouldn't have been a friend so let's stick to the family member role."

Is that TOO rude? Or is it more rude on her behalf to even think that I would accept her as an equal...I mean, she's got more loose screws than a swing set made by chimpanzees.

Oh and while we're on the topic of chimpanzees, her boyfriend finally found a job--as a custodian. How appropriate! At least he's accustomed to dealing with his fair share of shit.

:) Nothing like a healthy dose of sarcasm in the morning.

No comments: