Friday, November 14, 2008

2 weeks!

You know you're a newlywed when you get excited about your 2-week anniversary. Nope not expecting presents, but with all the stress leading up to the BIG day I do at least have a sincere feeling of accomplishment. Now if only I could actually go on a honeymoon I'd be ectastic!

Although we (the hubby n I) keep saying we'll be in Costa Rica in March, he's having second thoughts and would prefer to put an end to any debt we have and then accumulate more by buying a home. I cannot not have a honeymoon, I sincerely NEED it. 10 days away with just him in a shack on the beach would do it.

Here's my nightmare:

35....two kids....a dog....five cats....a HUGE mortgage.....never went on a honeymoon.


Why isn't there a clause in the marriage vows where you promise to love, honor and find a week away to yourselves every year? Hindsight is 20/20 after all, and if I could do over it'd be in my vows. How agitated do you think my hubby would be if I just book a vacation now and pay it off by my lil' old self then spring a SURPRISE on him????

One of my good friends just left on her honeymoon today, I'm hoping to use her for leverage against mine. Please God, don't let them have bad weather or bad food or ANYTHING bad....it just won't bode well for any of us!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Just for the record its flippin awesome here with fantastic weather, fantastic food and we are having the time of our lives! Tell the hubby I said hi! :D